Crop tops are a staple in everyone’s closet. From casual Fridays to going out on the town, crop tops (or cropped tee as some prefer to call it) are a universal piece that can be worn during any season and any occasion. Crop tops come in many silhouettes — high-cut, low-cut, high-rise, etc. The possibilities and variations of crop tops are endless. They are perfect for showing off your favorite bra or bustier without having to worry about covering up with a jacket or cardigan. A cropped tee can also be used to accentuate your waistline for a flattering look. If you’re feeling hesitant about rocking crop tops due to your size or another reason, relax! This blog is here to help you feel confident in your own skin while rocking the hottest styles out there!
Crop tops are a universally flattering piece of clothing — whether you’re a size 2 or 22. However, if you’re feeling hesitant about wearing a crop top, you’re not alone! We’ve put together a couple of confidence boosters to help you rock your next crop top.
– Start small. Try wearing a cropped tee with leggings or a skirt as opposed to shorts or a miniskirt. By starting small, you’re easing your way into wearing this trend, making it less overwhelming and more comfortable.
– Wear a supportive bra. You don’t want the girls to spill out the top of your crop top. Wearing an unsupportive bra while rocking a crop top can make you feel self-conscious about your “girls”.
– Do one crop top at a time. Because crop tops are shorter in length, some may find it challenging to find an appropriate cropped top that covers their bottom.
– Ask yourself these questions. Are you wearing the crop top because you want to or because someone else does? Are you wearing it because it’s trendy or because you feel good in it? Does the crop top represent who you are as a person?
Find the Right Fit
Before you even think about heading to the store to find your next crop top, make sure the fit is right! Just because you wear a size 22 in jeans, doesn’t mean you will automatically fit into a size 22 in cropped tees.
– Check the fabric. You want to make sure the fabric of the cropped top is stretchy, breathable, and not too thick. Thicker fabrics like fleece tend to feel too bulky and look unflattering on the body.
– Check the length. You don’t want your cropped top to fall at your hips. Aim for a cropped top that falls at least an inch above your belly button. Anything higher will look more like a tunic top.
– Check the width of the crop top. The crop top should not be too wide or too narrow. It should fall at your natural waistline.
Tips for Wearing Crop Tops When You’re Plus Size
If you’re a plus size gal, you may be wondering how to wear a cropped top. There are many ways to make this trend work for you and your body!
– Choose a high-waisted design. High-waisted cropped tops will help cover up some of your tummy.
– Choose a longer length. A longer length crop top will fall at a more appropriate length on your body.
– Choose a thick fabric. A thick fabric will help to balance out your body and make you feel more comfortable in your own skin.
– Choose a bold design. A bold design will help to distract from any parts of your body that you may be self-conscious about.
– If you have a large bust. Choose a cropped top with a ruffled or pleated design for a more flattering look.
– If you have a smaller bust size. Don’t let that stop you from wearing a cropped top! Just make sure you pair it with an appropriate bra or bustier to avoid any unwanted nipple sightings.
How to Feel Confident in a Crop Top
First, identify which parts of your body you’re self-conscious about. Are you self-conscious about your tummy? Do you have smaller breasts? Are you worried about the length of the crop top? First, try to wear a long-sleeve top underneath your cropped top to help cover up a specific body part you’re self-conscious about. Next, try adding a belt or other kind of accessory to draw attention away from the body part you’re feeling self-conscious about. Finally, remember that trends come and go! If you don’t like the cropped top trend, it’ll be gone soon enough.
Crop tops are a universally flattering piece of clothing that can be styled for any occasion and any season. From leggings and sneakers to long skirts and high heels, the crop top can be worn with almost any outfit. If you’re feeling hesitant about rocking a cropped top, remember that it’s not just a trend. It’s a timeless trend that can be worn by anyone, no matter their size or shape. If you want to dress up your casual look, crop tops are the perfect way to do that. But you need to make sure that you choose the right one.