There is nothing more classic than a thigh-high boot. From the Victorian era to the Great Depression, they are timeless. Thigh highs are one of the most flattering boots you can wear. It’s hard to go wrong with any color or style of pair, but if you want to make sure you’re wearing the perfect pair, follow these simple steps.
1) Understand how thigh highs should fit your foot
2) Purchase a high – quality pair
3) Exfoliate – this will help to remove dead skin cells and make your skin smoother for ease in slipping on and off.
What are Thigh High Boots?
Thigh highs are boot types that cover the entire leg, from the knee to just above the ankle. They have shorter tops and long bottoms and can be worn with pants or skirts. This style is typically viewed as a vintage piece, but they are still popular today.
The most common thigh-high colors include black, brown, navy blue, red, green and white. Thigh-highs can also be made in any color combination you want!
What to Look For in a Quality Pair of Thigh High Boots
Thigh-highs are the most difficult boots to find in the perfect fit. With so many styles and colors, it’s easy to feel like you’re stuck trying on a pair after another in stores.
Fortunately, you can keep in mind this tips for your perfect thigh-high pair.
1) Find a pair that fits well on your foot- The most important thing to look for when purchasing thigh highs is the fit. If they become too loose, you risk tripping or falling.
2) Purchase a high-quality pair- This is especially important if you plan on wearing these boots often or want them to last for more than one season. Consider investing in a pair of thigh highs that can withstand being worn for several seasons without falling apart like cheaper brands.
3) Exfoliate- One of the easiest ways to slip on and off of a pair of thigh highs is by cleaning your feet with soap and water before slipping them on. This removes dead skin cells, which makes it easier for your skin to slide into the boot. Additionally, using an exfoliating scrub will make your skin smoother.
How to Choose the Perfect Color and Style for Thigh High Boots
First and foremost, picking a color is the most important step. For example, if you are wearing a bold red dress, you might want to go with a gray or navy blue pair of thigh highs.
When it comes to fashion, you can determine from two types of thigh highs: short and long. A short pair of thigh highs will be more similar to pantyhose and will be worn over pants or shorts. If you’re going for a more trendy look, go with a long pair that has no back seam or seam lines on them. This will help avoid those pesky back seams showing through when worn with tight-fitting clothes like jeans.
To make sure the boots you purchase fit perfectly, measure your foot before purchasing. When trying on boots at the store, do not wear socks but instead try them out without any shoes on first so that you have an accurate idea of how they feel without anything else weighing down on them.
How to Care for Your Thigh High Boots
1) Purchase a high-quality pair
2) Exfoliate – this will help to remove dead skin cells and make your skin smoother for ease in slipping on and off.
3) Drying the boots with a towel is recommended, but do not leave them in direct sunlight or heat. Putting them under cold water can also help.
4) A clear coat of polish is important for the longevity of the shoe and leather.
Thigh-high boots are a staple in every woman’s closet- they are practical, stylish, and versatile. There are a variety of styles and colors to choose from, but the key to finding your perfect pair is to take your measurements and find the one that fits. With the right pair, you will never have to worry about whether your boots will work with your outfit- they will always be a fashion winner.